The Magical World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magical World

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

By the lake once more

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles Monroe

Charles Monroe

Male Number of posts : 342
House : Gryffindor
Year : 5th
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Character
Name:
Health:
By the lake once more Left_bar_bleue0/0By the lake once more Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Order/ Death Eater/ Da:

By the lake once more Empty
PostSubject: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 1:33 am

Charles had just left the Gryffindor table and walked out of the castle. He aimlessly approached the lake. Then he took a seat on a bench near the lake. Slowly, Charles pulled out his quills and parchment. It had been several more days since he had last written his Uncle and Aunt, still there was no reply. Why weren't they replying? Charles asked himself. He refused to believe anything had happened to them. Quickly, he jotted out another note, the same note he had written at least ten times in the last few weeks.

Charles whistled quite loudly and a snow white owl came flying towards him. The owl was elegant and seemed to glide instead of fly. "Hi Meleni, take this for me and say hi to the family. Charles patted Meleni on the head and sent her off with his letter.

Charles then sat there lonely and with a bit of nervousness at the bottom of his stomach. He was waiting for a reply, anything would be better than him being totally oblivious of anything about his family.

Then he sat there yearning to speak to someone, to speak his mind.
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan

Tina Toolan

Female Number of posts : 962
House : Ravenclaw
Year : 4th
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Character
Name: Tina Toolan
Health:
By the lake once more Left_bar_bleue99/100By the lake once more Empty_bar_bleue  (99/100)
Order/ Death Eater/ Da: Deciding..

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 1:41 am

Tina had been hoping to run into Charles, or Chuck as she like to call him. She hadn't seen him since the first day in the library, and she was quite fond of him, confused Death Eater or not. She ran happily over to him. "Hiya!" She said, ever optimistic, as she threw herself down next to him. "How's Chuckie?"
Back to top Go down
https://thenewmagicalworld.rpg-board.net/Hogwarts-f18.htm
Maia
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 1:45 am

Maia was walking as quick as her feet would take her away from the mindless blabber that was Ravenclaw girls gossip. Her feet immediately took her to her favourite haunt, The Great Lake and although she was in no fit state to talk she didn't mind that there were others there.
She approached who she saw was Tina and another boy apprehensively and went to say something but failed.
Words could not express what she wanted to so badly say so she sat opposite them and resumed her favourite past-time.
Staring some people called it. She called it People-Watching.
Back to top Go down
Charles Monroe

Charles Monroe

Character
Name:
Health:
By the lake once more Left_bar_bleue0/0By the lake once more Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Order/ Death Eater/ Da:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 1:52 am

Charles looked at Tina and smiled, "Hi Tina how are you?" He asked readjusting his sleeve. Even if she knew he didn't like showing his mark. Then a girl sat near them. Charles looked over, "Hi, I'm Charles,"
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan

Tina Toolan

Character
Health:
By the lake once more Left_bar_bleue99/100By the lake once more Empty_bar_bleue  (99/100)

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 1:53 am

Tina recognised the girl, that - wel,, she wasn't aloowed to say the word, but she was a stuck up cow as far as Tina was concered, and not worth her time. No, that wasn't fair. For all Tina knew, Maia could have been in a foul mood when they last met. She smiled and waved at Maia and turned back to Charles, "I'm fine!" she said to him "What's new with you?"
Back to top Go down
Maia
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 1:56 am

"Hey Charles I'm Maia" she said slowly snapping out of her reverie. She glanced over at Tina and nodded politely thinking of their last conversation. She found it to be quite comical but then again no-one else had a sense of humour quite like hers.
Back to top Go down
Charles Monroe

Charles Monroe

Character
Name:
Health:
Order/ Death Eater/ Da:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 1:57 am

Charles offered out his hand, "Nice to meet you, would you like to join us?"
Back to top Go down
Maia
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 1:59 am

Maia glanced at Charles curiously. She wasn't use to such politeness, it was not the way she was bought up but she accepted nonetheless. Returning the hand gesture she got up and planted herself beside Tina. She thought she could feel the annoyance radiating from her.
"Nice to meet you to" she said in what she hoped was a polite tone.
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan

Tina Toolan

Character
Health:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:00 am

Tina forced another fake smile. She would have bet her wand the girl didn't have many friends, but at least she was faking politeness.
Back to top Go down
Charles Monroe

Charles Monroe

Character
Name:
Health:
Order/ Death Eater/ Da:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:02 am

Charles looked at them, "So have you two heard from your families?" He asked this curious trying to start conversation.
Back to top Go down
Maia
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:06 am

Maia thought this an odd question but replied anyway.
"No" she said bluntly. "Mine don't care for staying in contact. Hogwarts is my only home as far as they're concerned until I can prove otherwise and make my own way of living. It suits me fine however."
She didn't know why she was telling them this. Acquaintances were all she had been use to her whole life and she certainly didn't divulge much to them. She wondered why her "family" had discouraged her against having friends.
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan

Tina Toolan

Character
Health:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:09 am

Tina kind of admired Maia's honesty. "My family only speakto me if something bad happens." She said. "I get on okay with them, but it's bliss forgetting that they exist all year." She smiled. "How about you, Chuckaroo?" She grinned.
Back to top Go down
Charles Monroe

Charles Monroe

Character
Name:
Health:
Order/ Death Eater/ Da:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:34 am

Charles looked towards the lake and cleared his throat. Then he looked back at them with a smile, "So he looked at them have you attended the Yule Ball?" He wanted to tell people how he felt at the moment, but couldn't find the words to say. "Its lovely I went for a night with Annabelle,"
Back to top Go down
Maia
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:39 am

"Could you have made a more blatant topic change?" Maia asked half amused half curious.
"You must have something to say otherwise you wouldn't have struck up the odd question in the first place," her eyebrows were arched at Charles now in a no nonsense sort of look.
"Come on, spit it out..."
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan

Tina Toolan

Character
Health:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:44 am

Tina grinned. "yeah, come on! We can see it, dancing on your lips." She pointed to her own lips.
"You know you can trust me, and I'm sure Maia won't tell anyone" She scowled at Maia as she said this, though she was beginning to like the girl, she was very straighforward.
Back to top Go down
Charles Monroe

Charles Monroe

Character
Name:
Health:
Order/ Death Eater/ Da:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:44 am

Charles sat with a forced grin, "Nah I'm a very random person," He began avoiding eye contact. "I was just wondering because I always see tons of owls every morning,"
Back to top Go down
Maia
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:49 am

That was quite true she thought. She had no-one to tell let only no-one to ever confide in her.
"That was nicely dodged by the way" she said to Charles.
She nudged him playfully with her elbow, "Come on it can't be that bad." But she thought maybe it could. Charles was obviously no expert liar. His eyes told all darting from place to place so unsettling.
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan

Tina Toolan

Character
Health:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:59 am

"C'mon, don't force him!" Tina said, still grinning. "Man, I'm in a crazy mood." Her eyes were fixed on the lake. "I want to jump in so much." She turned to Chuck. "Tell us, and I'll jump in!"
Back to top Go down
Charles Monroe

Charles Monroe

Character
Name:
Health:
Order/ Death Eater/ Da:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 3:03 am

Charles looked at Tina and smiled. He had looked within himself and finally faced the reality his aunt and uncle were mostly likely hurt in some way. There had to be a reason behind them not writing back. He roughly cleared his throat and looked in past the lake. "I erm....... I think........ my family is all....." Then he looked even deeper into the lake as if he was searching for something but couldn't find it. "Dead," But he didn't take in the severity of his statement. "My aunt and uncle........" He spoke in a raspy tone.

Then he looked back to Tina, "You going in?" Charles laughed.
Back to top Go down
Maia
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 3:09 am

Maia forced out a strangled laugh. "Yea, have fun Tina."
It was hard to hear what Charles was saying and comprehend it and she knew sympathy wouldn't do the trick. She'd tried it a number of times and found it to fuel the hurt not dim it.
"Maybe, ah. Maybe they're just busy" she wasn't even fooling herself as she said this and looked to Tina for help.
"How about you go after them or something?" she faltered and thought what's the point in looking for someone if they're dead. "You've got to have hope."
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan

Tina Toolan

Character
Health:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 3:13 am

Tina knew exactly how he fely, and it showed in her eyes. She had lost her brother to death eaters but it had been a week before they were sure.
She hugged Chuck. She wasn't sure why, but she remembered how much she had wanted to be hugged when she had found out. It was only a brief hug. "You never know, Chuck, a lot of people are hiding.!
Back to top Go down
Charles Monroe

Charles Monroe

Character
Name:
Health:
Order/ Death Eater/ Da:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 3:18 am

Charles nodded his head and forced another smile. "Yeah they might be hiding," But he knew all the visions he had seen still haunted him. Then the words of Maia went on in his head, he could do it. Charles could go all the way to Godric's Hallow, where his uncle and aunt lived. The place had a bad reputation from the death of the Potter's, but to him it was home. He wanted to badly, he could just leave now and find out for himself. What about Annabelle? His conscious whispered inside him,. Charles made up his mind, he would leave after he said goodbye to Annabelle.

"So skippy you going in?" Charles laughed at Tina.
Back to top Go down
Maia
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 3:25 am

"If I had a Galleon for all the times you've flashed us a fake smile Charles" Maia said. She tried to appear carefree but she was exactly the opposite. She regretted giving advice to Charles the moment she said it. His eyes had sparked up at the idea and she knew that was the Gryffindor in him.
"Don't do anything stupid Charles" she said placing her hand on his.
"Nothing's definite yet."
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan

Tina Toolan

Character
Health:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 3:34 am

Tina smiled kindly at Chuck, then got up.
"Yeah, don't do anything stupid!" She laughed, and she took a running jump into the lake. Her body arched gracefully in mid-air and her out stretched hands cut the surface of the water with no splash.
She went under, thoroughly enjoying the feeling of the water - she loved water, loved to swim, loved to dive under. She could stay in here for hours, like she did in the glosha (creek) near her house. It was surrounded by trees which cast a greenish glow on the water and hid it from view, it was like her personal heven, no one knew about it.
She splashed Chuck and Chop (Maia) playfully and grinned, "You wimps gonna join me?"
Back to top Go down
Charles Monroe

Charles Monroe

Character
Name:
Health:
Order/ Death Eater/ Da:

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 3:39 am

Charles looked at her laughing, "Whimps eh?" He threw off his shit and got a running start towards the lake. "CANNONBALL!!" He called as he hit the water curled up making a huge splash
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: By the lake once more   By the lake once more Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

By the lake once more
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next